The Clark Center For Urogynecology
Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery Experts located in Newport Beach, CA
Many types of bowel and bladder disorders exist that can be inconvenient and painful for those who suffer. Dr. Matthew H. Clark and his physician assistants, Ana and Lauren, at The Clark Center for Urogynecology of Newport Beach, California offer a number of treatment options that can reduce pain and improve your quality of life.
Bladder and Bowel Disorders Q & A
What causes bladder disorders?
Bladder disorders can be caused by disease, injury, accident or age. In addition, certain bladder conditions are seen as a side effect of other conditions.
The following bladder problems can be treated at The Clark Center for Urogynecology:
- Stress Incontinence - Leaking urine with activity including coughing, sneezing or exercise.
- Overactive Bladder - An overactive bladder means that you urinate frequently and sometimes you cannot make it to the restroom in time.
- Nocturia - Those who wake more frequently to urinate suffer from what is called nocturia.
- Neurogenic Bladder - Neurogenic bladder includes bladder disorders related to the nerves that control the bladder.
- Interstitial Cystitis - This chronic inflammation of the bladder lining can be painful and cause frequent urination.
- Cystocele - A prolapsed bladder, called Cystocele, occurs when the bladder bulges into the vagina. It occurs as a result of injury, illness or chronic straining.
What are the treatments options for urinary incontinence?
- Biofeedback: a minimally invasive pelvic sensor device that strengthens pelvic floor muscles to gain better bladder and/or bowel control
- Bladder Instillations - Filling the bladder with medications to calm the bladder
- InterStim® Therapy - surgically placed sacral neuromodulation device to improve bladder control
- Axonics Therapy - surgically placed sacral neuromodulation device to improve bladder control
- MonaLisa Touch® Laser - A painless noninvasive vaginal laser that can improve bladder control
- Botox® Injections in the Bladder
- The O-Shot - Treats minor incontinence and has the added benefit of increased sexual response
- Prescription Medications
- All Natural Supplements
- Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy
What causes bowel disorder?
Bowel disorders can be caused by any number of reasons, including disease, traumatic injury, injuries to pelvic floor related to giving birth, certain surgeries, and other general health problems.
While The Clark Center for Urogynecology treats many different bowel disorders, some of the most common includes:
- Fecal Incontinence - Around 1 in 12 people suffer from this on occasion. It occurs when a person passes stool or mucus from the rectum without control.
- Chronic Constipation - Long term constipation can be a problem that leads to more severe conditions. Treating this issue before it worsens is vital.
- Rectocele - A prolapsed rectum means the rectum bulges into the vagina. It may occur as the result of an injury, chronic constipation, increased pressure from obesity or long-term heavy lifting.
What are the treatment options for bowel disorders?
- InterStim® - surgically placed sacral neuromodulation device that can assist with bowel control
- Sphincter repair- Surgical procedure
- Specially formulated supplements developed by Dr. Clark for his patients
Click here to hear a success story from a patient whose urinary incontinence was cured.
MonaLisa Touchmore info
Hormone Replacement Therapymore info
Axonics Therapymore info
O Shotmore info
Vaginal Rejuvenationmore info
Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgerymore info
Bladder and Bowel Disordersmore info
Female Sexual Healthmore info
Sculpsure Submentalmore info
Pelvic Organ Prolapsemore info
Pelvic Pain Disordersmore info
Vitamins and Supplementsmore info
SoLá Pelvic Therapymore info
Cosmetic Vaginal Surgerymore info
SculpSure Fat Removalmore info