The Clark Center For Urogynecology
Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery Experts located in Newport Beach, CA
Damage from vaginal deliveries or trauma to the vaginal area are usually not conditions women feel comfortable talking about even though they can be concerning. There are treatments for women who are interested in correcting damage done to their vagina, labia, perineum, and scars left by epistomties. Dr. Clark, of The Clark Center for Urogynecology in Newport Beach, California, can help you with restoring your form. He distinguishes himself based on his experience and formal training in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive surgery. If you are considering aesthetic vaginal surgery, you can be assured that Dr. Clark is an expert in the anatomy and function of the entire female pelvis and the interactivity between the bladder, rectum, vagina, and uterus. This makes him better qualified to provide treatment to your vaginal area than other physicians who are not specifically trained in this sub-specialty - after all, if you're having troubles with your car transmission, you wouldn't take it to the detail shop.
Cosmetic Vaginal Surgery Q&A
What is aesthetic vaginal surgery?
Surgery on the vagina and surrounding areas is completed for both medical and nonmedical need. Sometimes, a patient feels unhappy or self-conscious with the appearance of her labia, perineum, vagina, or episiotomy scar after delivery. For other women, appearance in this area is not a concern. For those that have concerns, aesthetic vaginal surgery can be a good solution.
What are treatment options to improve the aesthetics of the vaginal area?
There are noninvasive and surgical options available that may improve the function and appearance of the vagina and surrounding areas. Some of the options offered by The Clark Center for Urogynecology include:
- Episiotomy Scar Revision - Revisions of scars resulting from episiotomies.
- Labiaplasty – Surgical removal or reshaping of either the labia majora and/or the labia minora. With age and childbirth, the labia seem to deflate and sag causing a change in appearance and causing discomfort in underwear, swimsuits, during exercise, and during intercourse. Sometimes childbirth leaves the labia uneven or torn. The labia can be repaired, sculpted and even trimmed to achieve a more desirable size and shape.
- Perineoplasty – This surgery repairs the vaginal opening when damaged by childbirth or trauma .
- Vaginoplasty – This surgery restores tightness and tone of the vagina that is lost from age or through childbirth.
- MonaLisa Touch®™ Vaginal Laser - is a painless noninvasive procedure that treats vaginal dryness and thinning vaginal mucosal tissue. The MonaLisa Touch® laser is FDA approved for vaginal atrophy. By gently delivering co2 laser energy to the vaginal walls, the MonaLisa Touch® laser stimulates the production of collagen, improving the functionality of the treated area and restoring the proper trophic balance to the mucous membranes. It is a game changer for postmenopausal women who want to be sexually active.
Who is a good candidate for aesthetic vaginal treatments?
Anyone who is unhappy with the appearance of their vaginal area and labia can be a candidate for one of these procedures. Dr. Clark will offer you the least invasive option that achieves your desired outcome.
What can I expect from treatment and recovery?
A consultation with Dr. Clark is the best way to determine what your treatment options are and the expected recovery time will be. Dr. Clark utilizes many minimally invasive treatment options so that you experience the least amount of recovery time possible.
*Individual results may vary.
MonaLisa Touchmore info
Hormone Replacement Therapymore info
Axonics Therapymore info
O Shotmore info
Vaginal Rejuvenationmore info
Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgerymore info
Bladder and Bowel Disordersmore info
Female Sexual Healthmore info
Sculpsure Submentalmore info
Pelvic Organ Prolapsemore info
Pelvic Pain Disordersmore info
Vitamins and Supplementsmore info
SoLá Pelvic Therapymore info
Cosmetic Vaginal Surgerymore info
SculpSure Fat Removalmore info